Coach Brand History

The Coach brand, founded in the 1940s, has always been a symbol of professional women in the United States. Until the late 1980s, Coach became the favorite of American families because of its durable quality. At that time, most of the women on Wall Street classes wore straight-breasted shirts, silk bows, and a Coach briefcase.
However, this situation changed in the 1990s. American office workers are no longer required to dress so conscientiously, briefcases can also be replaced with more stylish styles, this new wave of workplace began to impact the traditional conservative Coach. At the same time, brands such as Louis Vuitton and Gucci from Europe began to enter the US market. These European boutiques are brightly colored and stylishly designed. In contrast, the coaches of that time were limited in variety and style.
Image result for coach
Brand Development
Times have changed, but Coach has rushed to the late set early in the morning. For Lew Frankfort, who took office as CEO in 1995, he realized that it was time for the change.
In 2000, Coach’s average selling price was $200, which was less than half that of European boutiques, but its quality was still “firm and durable.” In response to this situation, the company discussed the positioning of “luxuries that are readily available” and hopes to provide alternatives to those consumers who do not want to spend high prices on European products but are eager to have quality products.
The higher the price, the lower the sales volume, and the “too narrow consumer base” is the most resentful European luxury goods business in Frankfurt. “In the United States, we lock in the top 20% of households, and other European brands may only lock 3% of households.” He explained Coach’s choices.
Having defined the brand positioning, knockoff coach handbags needs to make the brand more youthful, fashionable, and even willing to challenge the industry’s rules to reverse people’s impressions of their “old fashioned”.
To achieve this goal, the first thing is to change the product. In 1996, Frankfurt convinced 33-year-old designer Reid Krakow to join Coach in order to carry out a series of product changes. The addition of Reid has made leather bags and monochrome Coach bags used to change. At present, the full-leather Coach bags only account for 35%, and the remaining 65% of them are mixed with different fabrics, leather, canvas and other materials. handbag. The new replica coach handbags are lighter and more stylish than the full leather goods.
Image result for coachAfter the “face change”, Coach’s second strategy is to accelerate the pace of new products to market. “Every month we introduce new products can greatly reduce the risk of our business going down, because no month’s products will appear particularly critical.”
New products for the month will always be placed in the most influential position in Coach stores. Under the new shipping strategy, the company became the first boutique brand to present different style bags on different occasions, seasons and times. It is reported that Coach has a 250-person team in New York to design, advertise and provide creative services.
Next, the third step of the Coach transformation is to re-decorate the store. In 2000, Reid changed the original peach-colored, “library”-like Coach store into a white, larger, brighter fashion space, creating a relaxed atmosphere of “welcome to enter the store at any time.” All products are also liberated from the space in the wooden shelves for open display. Coach hopes that the lively atmosphere of the new facade will contrast with the dim lighting, heavy doors, and serious atmosphere of other luxury brands. In order to maintain a globally unified image, Coach’s subsidiaries or distributors in various countries are required to update the display window according to the monthly headquarters display guide.
The location of Coach’s stores is rather demanding. The company selects the corner of the road where passenger flow is more than 1 million as much as possible so that pedestrians can see the situation on the shop from any road. It always likes to be adjacent to other European boutiques so that it can share the flow of top brands and create the same level of impression in the hearts of consumers as these top brands. But Coach is not a stick-in-the-blank. In addition to choosing the most prosperous locations, the company will also set up counters in shopping malls, department stores and even OUTLETS.
It is in such a new position of the market, Coach has opened up the trend of cheap products, and laid its own operating model.